Monday, December 12, 2011

Someday

Given that there have been no new challenges or progress on the book since 2010, I get the feeling that 50 Words on the Rocks: Short Stories to Sip On is probably not getting published. So how about I continue putting up the stories I wrote?

This time, though, you're going to get them one at a time, to sip on, as they were meant to be taken in.

Challenge 26: Story must include a horse, a prize and a happy ending.

Someday
“They won first place and lived happily ever after.”

A snuggle, a goodnight kiss. As I tiptoed out, closing the door, a tiny voice mumbled, “Mommy?”

“Yes, honey?”

“Can I have a horsey too?”

“Someday, dear.”

“…always someday…”

Someday, darling, you’ll understand why I saved for your college tuition instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment