Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back to the Roots

You know what? Maybe I don't have to be gone for two more weeks. I can schedule some posts to amuse you. I think I'm going to go back to the roots of this blog. I started out writing posts in exactly 75 words over a year ago. Since that was inspired by the "50 Words - No More, No Less" project series over at WeBook, I figured I'd repost all of my 50-word stories here. I'll post them all - the good, the bad, the funny, the sad - with no changes.

It's kind of in honor of cindi_greene, who has decided to leave WeBook for a multitude of reasons. She encouraged me with every microstory I wrote, which led to me continuing to write, and eventually starting this blog.

So without further ado, I'll start with my very first entry for Challenge 18 - The story must begin and end the same way.



Flip?
"Flip a coin?" he suggested, placing a quarter on his thumb.

"No! That is a completely, utterly irresponsible way of making a decision!" She snatched the coin away.

He pointed out, "Well, three days of deciding 'responsibly' hasn't worked." Prying the coin from her grip, he repeated. "Heads or tails?"

No comments:

Post a Comment