Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Explore Your World

I love exploring the campus. Freshman year, I tried to take a slightly different route to class each day (when I wasn't late, though that happened quite often). I could probably even list finding new spots to eat lunch as a hobby.

Having lived only on Southside in the dorms and in Downtown Berkeley (to the west of campus) in my apartment, I have little experience with Northside. The residential areas in general are quieter, greener, and prettier, and the north side of the campus (which, not being an engineer, I rarely visit), seems to follow that trend.

And you know what? There are a lot of things to see in Berkeley. Odd things, pretty things, weird things are strewn all over the campus (photos after the jump):

 Odd statues...

 Rainy courtyards...

Sunny courtyards with lovely trees...

Other trees transformed into lampposts...

And even, as per my most recent discovery, abandoned houses! Or at least, the front sides of abandoned houses.

So if you have a little time, maybe 10 minutes before class or after work, use it to explore the area around you. Take note of the little things, the odd things, the beautiful things. Bring some spice into your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment