Sunday, August 22, 2010

This is the Final Countdown!

I went to Berkeley to move my stuff back into my apartment, and it was a seriously gorgeous day. I finally reunited with my roomie and another friend after 2.5 months, which made me very happy. I got to meet our new roommate, who seems very sweet, so I'm excited for the year to come.

More than anything, though, it's difficult to believe that I'm a senior. I mean, has it really been 3 years since I was one of those clueless freshmen registering at Unit 2 and struggling to get all my boxes onto a cart and up the elevator? 3 years since I first began living away from home? 3 years since I left high school and a little bit of my shyness behind?

Has it really been 2 years since I moved into an apartment and had to start cooking (or microwaving) food? 2 years since I started living with my friend from middle school and her two high school friends who I had never met?

Do I really only have one more year with all these wonderful people before I go off to grad school or TeachForAmerica or a year working at Genentech or some other company?

I guess so.

Better make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment