Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation

Sorry I haven't posted in a week. I was off on an Alaskan cruise with my family. By that I mean with just my parents, since I am an only child and none of our family friends could make it.

We went with Norwegian Cruise Lines though, so the crowd was a lot younger than I expected (only about 50% elderly citizens rather than 95%). Quite a few teens, but most were under 17, and therefore met up in the teen club that I was not eligible for. Also, since I was alone, I was more timid about approaching people that were already in groups or sibling/cousin/friend pairs. It's tough for me, I don't feel comfortable inserting myself into a social situation like that, though I know many people who do it with ease.

It's okay though. I enjoyed it very much. I still made some friends, but I used the majority of the cruise to just relax and go to all the events I wanted to go to (having a group of people partly denies you that freedom, as I experienced on my high school marching band's Mexico cruise).

Anyways, I have a couple stories and pieces of writing that came out that trip, so I'll post them in the next couple days, once I type them up.

P.S. I'm back on solid ground now but I still feel like the ship is rocking under me. How long is my brain's motion overcompensation going to last?

No comments:

Post a Comment